WE MOVED TO TUMBLR.

Whenever I'm in the toilet...

Whenever I'm in the toilet...
...and i see a spider...i just don't go

If you were to hug something, it would be:

Spiderchat right here! (Whoa I keep adding "spider" before every word... I'm a spidermon!)


ShoutMix chat widget

Monday, September 19, 2011

Honeybees

~Faty

And then instead of a love story, I wrote a poem.

First draft:


Final:

Honeybees

There’s a blank page in my sketchbook
And I will fill it up
With minute, lead-flavored handwriting,
Because I can’t write enough
About the fireworks in my brain,
The thunderstorms in my soul,
And underwater volcanoes
Erupting in my heart.

I am yearning to feel your feverish heat
And your tiny, shiny eyes
Reflect their love on mine.
Darling, your scented voice
Is attracting the bees;
Don't let them steal my honey.
I will not file a lawsuit
While I myself can take care of these.

I’m thinking of the blood
I want on my hands
From killing you mother, your father, your friends.
Let’s have a funeral
For the supplemental population;
Who needs them when
You have me
And my unending adoration?

The rain is a pathway into the humid summer,
Or the Mediterranean winter,
Leading to a world where grows only love.
Let’s capture and cultivate
That feeling that stalks us
When we meet by the waters.
People frown, but I don’t bother,
And we just laugh.

I've had nightmares where you cry your heart out,
Alone, in an empty row house,
In the third darkness of the night.
You take refuge behind the love seat
Where we used to lay, in secrecy and peace.
I swear my cell phone is a drug dealer
With whom I exchange stolen credit
For your words, my pleasurable pills.

Although, reanalyzing these frightful syndromes,
I can find cure
In breaking my phone into pieces.
The distractions, I would then
Pick up and trade
For a dose of real, live, and rare kisses
And a painkiller embrace
Only you can create.

My father, a businessman, once said:
“Dear, I know nothing of business.”
It reminds me of how our love
Is like Mr. Lockwood’s bankrupt sardines;
While adding a zero
To the ‘10% off’ sign on my heat,
I ignore the bigger steaks outside
That are falling from above.

When you lingered over me,
Darling, you made my larynx lethargic.
One step closer and you would have heard
My body explode
As hot blood would have rushed out of my bones.
By now, you must know you got me;
Why else would I grab a knife?
It’s to stab that other girl that you might like!

I have had to endure despicable thoughts.
You thought: “How desperate a soul is hers,
She will haunt me for a long.”
You should have killed me
While you had it all.
Because now I’m killing everyone
In the pain of my own pleasures
That still make me fall.

It is indeed a feeling of liberation and glee
To taste the iron in my tears,
Feel the low pressure in my lungs,
Smear my fingertips with the graphite of my musings,
Taste the cappuccino in my tongue,
And dress up just the way you liked me to be.
And when I make the children smile
I see you smiling at me.

For years I have made myself  promise;
I will call my first son ‘Jonah’.
When we danced on the musk-filled rooftop,
Remember backing me up against a tree?
With a hint of madness in my breath
I asked you to apologize – to me –
Like Jonah, under the three depths
Of the dark sea.

‘Repent and sin no more!’
Says the painting on my wall.
You have always been stronger,
You face the world as you think you ought to be,
Face the fondness of the old and,
Quite comically, the giddy honeybees.
But darling, now is the moment –
Now, I need you to face me.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


P.S. Post continued on the next entry! READ.

No comments: