WE MOVED TO TUMBLR.

Whenever I'm in the toilet...

Whenever I'm in the toilet...
...and i see a spider...i just don't go

If you were to hug something, it would be:

Spiderchat right here! (Whoa I keep adding "spider" before every word... I'm a spidermon!)


ShoutMix chat widget

Friday, January 21, 2011

Randomness is the new way to save the world

And I stand by this saying.


Because everything initiates from nothing. How can one initiate something from nothing? Via randomness.


Anyway, what I wanted to discuss in this entry are some things that I have discovered and done recently.


Discovery--- Freerice! It's a website (click on it) where you get to play a game where they ask you a question at a time. For every right answer, you (they) will donate 10 grains of rice to the hungry! How do they do that? Through WFP, World Food Programme. They collect revenue from the advertisers (whose names you can see at the bottom of the vocab screen), and with that they pay for the rice. Don't worry, the money really does reach the people! The questions are about a variety of subjects (of your choice), therefore they have the drawback of making you smarter... xD ...


Play Freerice and feed the hungry


Here's some intel:
  • The website went live on October 7, 2007 with 830 grains of rice donated on its first day.
  • Its first contribution was in Bangladesh, where it fed 27,000 refugees from Myanmar for two weeks.
  • Over 86 billion grains of rice have been donated til now! That is enough to feed more than 4.3 million people for one day!
  • 51,851,660 grains of rice donated yesterday! :D
  • In countries where rice is a stable part of the diet, World Food Programme provides, on average about 400 grams of rice per person, per day (for families, including children and adults). That is intended for two meals that include other ingredients to ensure a minimum of 2,100 kilocalories per day. There are about 48 grains of rice in a gram. :P (Just in case you were wondering!)
Since this entry is not a wiki of it, if you want to know more than either google it but better yet, visit the site and start playing!


This is better than homework!






"...The anxiety children feel at constantly being tested, their fear of failure, punishment, and disgrace, severely reduces their ability both to perceive and to remember, and drives them away from the material being studied into strategies for fooling teachers into thinking they know what they really don't know."


Because I'm anti- excess homework! We are learning too much nowadays, we're not learning at all!


... Sorry, I went from donating =rice to hating all-factual and objective ways of education... where was I?


Oh yeah. Free rice. Play. Get involved. Etikke... Umm, etc. xDD


Anyways... I wanted to talk about something else too but I'm too tired. I'll do it tomorrow.


... Wow! This way of making new incentives to blog later... I'm not procrastinating, not this time! OHH YESS


I feel so good. Haven't felt like this in a long time...


... Make me feel like this once more.





<3 Love yall.


who.the.arachnid?


P.S. Last night I was so sedated I don't have any memory of what happened. I posted something on Facebook and I sounded sooooo weird! That's what they call paradoxical disinhhibition... cool! xD

No comments: